About Us

Lancaster Labs Company History

History

In 1961, Lancaster Laboratories was founded by Dr. Earl H. Hess to provide high quality analytical services with personal attention to area agribusinesses and industries. Nourished in a culture of quality, service and caring about all those associated with the business, Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories has become an industry leader known for innovative business practices and people-friendly policies.

Within the laboratory community, Lancaster Laboratories has pioneered many significant accomplishments. Some of these initiatives include:

  • Being a charter member of, and the first laboratory accredited by, the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation.
  • Preparing the first qualifications manual in the lab industry and implementing a total quality management system in 1989.
  • Pioneering computerized laboratory information management systems in the 70s and designing a model automated system for retrieval and storage of samples—the only laboratory to have such a system.
  • Initiating innovative and nationally recognized family friendly workforce polices including development of an on-site family center with child-care, adult-day-care and fitness centers (Lancaster Laboratories has been on Working Mother magazine's list of "Best Companies for Working Mothers" 11 times).
  • Purchasing Microchem Laboratories, one of Ireland's leading testing and research laboratories.
  • Launching LabAccess.com, the industry’s most innovative on-line data access tool that gives customers 24/7 on-line access to their data from project start through signed reports.
  • Completion of 11 building additions to our facility in Lancaster, PA, growing from a 2,500-square-foot lab with three employees in 1961 to a present size of 260,000-square-feet with more than 1000 employees worldwide.

Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories provides environmental, pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and scientific staffing services with uncompromising quality and superlative service, just as it has for five decades.